- Expand the number of districts so that the tool could be used for state legislatures; or better yet, support state legislative redistricting more fully by showing existing districts' shapes.
- Make this an open source project that could perhaps become an Open Redistricting Project as written about by Heather K. Gerken. The idea here is to enable citizen activists or commissions to do "shadow redistricting" and thus pressure the powers that be into staying in line.
- Have an option to color according to existing districts as a starting point.
- Add political data for districts. This may be difficult to do for some states.
And a couple of my own ideas:
- Figure out a way to get rid of the extra Windows app to make JPGs.
- Port from C#/Silverlight to Java/Flash and add in Google Maps.
What do you think? Thanks a lot.